Donate to ReStore
At Habitat for Humanity ReStore, donations build homes and hope. Drop off your donations or let us pick them up for FREE.
What items can be donated?
Below are the items that we can and cannot accept. All items must be in good, resalable condition, and Habitat for Humanity ReStore reserves the right to refuse any item. If you don’t see an item on either list, or have a donation question, please call our Donation Hotline at (330) 915-5920. Please also know that occasionally the ReStore cannot accept certain items due to a large inventory on hand.
- All appliances excluding dishwashers
- Must be ten years old or newer and in perfect working condition
- All furniture in excellent condition
- Box springs and mattresses free of stains, tears, and pet hair/damage
- Windows must be double paned and in the frame
- Residential electric items only
- No donations of commercial electrical stock accepted
- Complete sets of door hardware, hinges, etc.
- Any quantity of nails, screws, fasteners, hangers, connectors, etc.
- White or off white toilets
- Stainless steel and porcelain kitchen sinks
- Pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks
- Fiberglass bathtubs with no cracks
- Miscellaneous plumbing hardware
- No chips, cracks, rust or water damage
- Due to state law, all faucets must be removed from plumbing items
- Cabinets must have all doors and drawers
- Must have no structural or water damage
- Indoor and outdoor lighting
- Architectural Items
- Stained and leaded glass windows
- Carpet Remnants must be unused, 10′ x 10′ or larger
- Area Rugs must be free from visible wear, tear, stains or animal smells
- Carpet Padding must be 10′ x 10′ or larger with no visible stains or animal smells
- Hardwood Flooring, must be at least 30 sq. ft., be new, in box
- Vinyl and Ceramic Tile must be at least 50 sq ft., no chipped or broken pieces accepted, must be new, in box
- All lumber must be free of all nails and screws
- All lumber must be 5′ in length, with no warping.
- Sheetgoods (particle board, paneling, plywood) must be at least half sheets with no damage
- Trim and molding must be at least 5′ in length
- Pre-hung or slabs
- Exterior or interior
- Storm Doors
- Sliding Glass Patio Doors (in frame)
- No rotted wood, broken glass, or peeling paint
- No doors over 84 inches tall
- Running and non-running cars, trucks, boats, RV’s, etc.
- Call (330) 915-5920 for details
- Must be at least 3/4 full, or unopened
- Quarts, gallons and 5-gallon buckets of latex paint only
- No rust on cans
- All paint is recycled and reformulated, there is a $1 per can fee for this reason
- Home décor and knick-knacks
- Dishes and cookware
- Wall art
- Gas logs
- Free-standing wood stoves
- Window AC units
- Hand and power tools (in good working condition)
- Palletized brick or glass block
- Palletized stone pavers
- Solid surface countertops
- Christmas items (September through November)
We Cannot Accept the Following Items
- Chemical solvents and strippers
- Water heaters
- Fluorescent lights
- Formica countertops
- Computers/printers/copy machines
- Canned and track lights
- Oil-based paints
- Bifold doors
- Used blinds
- Partial rolls of wallpaper
- Board games
- Sporting goods
- Colored toilets
- Used carpeting
- Exterior wood doors
- Single-pane glass
- Unframed mirrors or glass
- Hollow-core doors
- Baby furniture or items
Why donate to ReStore?
There are so many reasons to send your local ReStore the items you no longer need and anyone, including individuals, businesses, contractors, and suppliers, can donate. Here are a few ways you can impact your community by donating your goods to the ReStore:
It helps the environment.
Every single item donated to the ReStore equals less useable material being thrown in a landfill, and that’s a benefit to everyone.
It's good for the community.
Proceeds from every ReStore purchase help local families build brighter futures for themselves with Habitat for Humanity.
Every donation is tax-deductible.
While your donation helps provide homes for others, for you it provides a tax deduction to the extent allowed by law.
Here are some questions we get asked a lot.
Do you pick up donations?
Yes. However, because Habitat for Humanity East Central Ohio and Habitat for Humanity ReStore always attempt to make the best use of our funds and resources, we reserve pick-ups for large donations such as sofas and appliances. Items being picked up must also be on the ground floor level. If you have questions about scheduling a pickup, please call our donation hotline at (330) 915-5920.
Why won't you take furniture with stains
All items donated to Habitat for Humanity ReStore are for resale, so we will not accept items that are stained, torn, or broken – because they have lost their resale value.
Are my donations tax-deductible?
All donations to Habitat for Humanity ReStore are tax deductible. We will give you a tax receipt to keep for your records. Please note that, by law, we cannot assign a value to the items that you donate. You will need to consult an appraiser, or visit www.irs.gov for more information.
We accept cars, too.
Donate your car to Habitat for Humanity ReStore and help build homes with Habitat for Humanity East Central Ohio. As with all ReStore merchandise, donated vehicles will be sold at ReStore and the proceeds will help build homes with local families in need of simple, decent places to live.
By donating your vehicle, you can avoid the hassle of trying to sell it yourself, receive a tax-deduction, and support the efforts of Habitat for Humanity East Central Ohio.
Even if your vehicle isn’t running, call our donation hotline at 330-915-5920.
Ready to give new life to your old stuff?
Habitat for Humanity ReStore relies on donations from people just like you. If you’re ready to make a difference with your unused and unwanted goods, bring your donation to ReStore in Canton, Ohio, or call our Donation Hotline for FREE pick-up. Every single donation, large or small, helps build homes with local families who need a hand up, not a hand out.
Shop for new and gently used furniture, appliances, building supplies, and home décor at Habitat for Humanity ReStore - Canton, Ohio's favorite thrift store. We've got a unique inventory of items you won't find anywhere else.
By volunteering, you'll help Habitat for Humanity dedicate more resources to building homes with local families in need. There are many opportunities for you, your family, your church, or your organization to volunteer at ReStore.
Our Vision and Mission
As a part of Habitat for Humanity East Central Ohio, Habitat for Humanity ReStore believes in a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity East Central Ohio brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Learn more and build with us at HabitatECO.org.
Visit ReStore Today
ReStore is open to the public!
1400 Raff Road SW
Canton, Ohio 44710
9am to 7pm
Sunday-Monday - Closed
FREE Donation Pick-Up
Donate your unwanted furniture, appliances, home décor, and building supplies to Habitat for Humanity ReStore, and we'll collect your donation for FREE!
Simply call our Donation Hotline to schedule your FREE pick-up.
© 2017 Habitat for Humanity East Central Ohio. Located in Canton, Ohio. Serving Stark, Carroll, Tuscarawas, Harrison, and Jefferson counties in east central Ohio.
As a part of Habitat for Humanity East Central Ohio, Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a tax-exempt 501©(3) nonprofit organization. Your donations are tax-deductible as allowed. Our mailing address is 1400 Raff Road SW, Suite B, Canton, Ohio 44710.