Join the ReStore team!
ReStore Donation Associate
Full-Time with Benefits
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a nonprofit thrift store and donation center that sells new and gently used furniture, appliances, home décor, and building materials to the public. Proceeds help Habitat for Humanity East Central Ohio build and renovate homes with low to moderate income families in the local community.
- The ReStore Donation Associate will help with all item donation responsibilities: residential and business donation pickup, on site donation drop-offs, unloading, cleaning, preparing, and organizing merchandise, and organizing and cleaning the store.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Truck driving experience is desired (CDL not required)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Donation Truck
- Drive and/or ride in ReStore box trucks to collect donations throughout the community
- Screen products for value and usability while professionally communicating with donors
- Load and unload donated materials such as cabinets, appliances, furniture, building materials, boxed items, etc.
- Complete truck inventories and replenish items such as first aid, safety materials, donor receipts, paperwork, tools and equipment, etc.
- Empty ReStore trucks of all merchandise and trash at the end of each workday
- Communicate with the ReStore Director to coordinate vehicle maintenance or cleaning
- Follow all Habitat regulations and state driving laws
- In Store
- Move, clean, and prepare donated items for the salesfloor
- Move, process, and load sold items for customers
- Assist donors with in-store donation drop-offs
- Assist with accurately pricing merchandise for the salesfloor
- Maintain a working knowledge of existing and new products in the store
- Coordinate with other team members to organize and maintain store safety and cleanliness
- Always provide excellent customer service
- Assist with the ReStore online store as needed
- Complete occasional inventory checks and product organization projects outside store hours
- Other Duties as Assigned
Licenses and Registrations
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
- Must pass a criminal background check and sexual offender check
- Trucks drivers must also pass a drug test
- The ReStore Donation Associate must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. and have the ability to spend the majority of the day moving. Work may require bending, kneeling, navigating steps, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for employment.
As a full-time team member you will have access to:
- Generous PTO
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance (Habitat ECO pays 80% of the cost)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Short-Term Disability
- FSA Plan
- IRA Program available to employees in full-time employment status for a minimum of one year (match up to 3%)
We take your privacy seriously.
We will never share or rent your information to anyone. Ever.